All children are expected to wear basic academy uniform, which we believe provides the children with a sense of identity and a feeling of pride. Although this is not compulsory, we are fortunate in having the support of all parents in this matter.
The academy brochure and information for parents will include the following guidance.
‘Staff and Directors request that every effort is made to send children to the academy wearing the appropriate academy uniform. We do appreciate your support in this and it helps to confirm a feeling of pride and a sense of identity. As a result, our pupils look really smart, neat and tidy and a credit to the academy which has so much pride in them.
Boys and girls are expected to wear:
- Black Academy badged v neck sweater/cardigan
- White cotton, long or short sleeved, buttoned shirt or blouse
- Black tailored trousers or shorts (not tight, lycra or denim)
- Black skirt (knee length)
- Black tights (no leggings)
- School tie (black and gold)
- Plain black shoes – no boots which exceed ankle height (Trainers, trainer type shoes, canvas shoes are allowed)
- Yellow and White Gingham dress (summer term only)
We also ask that pupils bring a book bag / backpack for learning resources.
For reasons of hygiene and health and safety, we ask that all children have a change of clothing for PE. Children should wear:
- White t-shirt or polo shirt
- Black shorts
- Suitable footwear for physical activities
- Headbands should be worn (or hair fastened back) by boys and girls who have long hair in PE
Don’t forget to clearly mark all children’s clothing with their name.
For safety reasons – no jewellery other than watches and stud earrings are permitted. Should any parent wish to discuss specific reasons for a child to wear jewellery, please contact the Associate Head teacher directly. The children accept full responsibility for their safe-keeping, although the class teacher will happily keep them secure during sports lessons.